YouTube HQ shooting: Three injured, suspected shooter dead

April 3rd, 2018

Author – Kishakerone

Three people were injured and a suspected shooter was found dead inside YouTube’s headquarters, according to San Bruno Police, after an active emergencyerupted in the Silicon Valley community.

Police said the suspected female shooter was found dead from what they believe to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The victims were transported to area hospitals.

Law enforcement arrived on the Google subsidiary’s campus shortly before 1 p.m. PT, according to San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini. News reports said the incident started at an outdoor cafe adjacent to YouTube. Barberini said the YouTube building was evacuated. He didn’t provide a suspected motive.

A witness inside a nearby Walmart eCommerce Corporate headquarters told CNET his building had been locked down. Employees had been instructed to stay away from windows, said Bryce Botorowicz, who works at Walmart. What appeared to be SWAT team members entered the YouTube building with guns drawn and quarantined the area. 

“Dozens of cop cars, ambulance fire trucks and swat trucks. 20-30 or so total,” he said in a text.

A Walmart spokesperson wasn’t immediately available for comment.

Brent Andrew, chief communications officer for Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, confirmed that people had been transported to the hospital from YouTube headquarters, but didn’t have an exact amount. “We don’t have any numbers yet, but we’re expecting more,” he said.

At the scene, three helicopters overhead and a heavy police presence surrounded the area. Interstate 280, a nearby freeway, was shut down.

Before the building was evacuated, multiple YouTube employees tweeted about hearing gunshots. (The same YouTube staffer had his Twitter account hackedshortly after events began.)

Vadim Lavrusik

@Lavrusik

 

Active shooter at YouTube HQ. Heard shots and saw people running while at my desk. Now barricaded inside a room with coworkers.

 
 

A YouTube employee contacted by CNET said he couldn’t talk and immediately hung up. Google, YouTube’s parent company, said it’s coordinating with authorities.

Google Communications

@Google_Comms

 

Re: YouTube situation, we are coordinating with authorities and will provide official information here from Google and YouTube as it becomes available.

 
 

Google CEO Sundar Pichai addressed the shooting late Tuesday, calling it a “horrible act of violence.” “I’m grateful to everyone inside and outside the company for the outpouring of support and best wishes,” he wrote. “I am especially thankful to the first responders and our own security team who acted so quickly to keep people safe.”  

The Google subsidiary is the largest online video site on the planet, with more than a billion visitors a month.

2018-04-08T13:42:44-04:00

Leave A Comment

Follow Miss Carribbean Pageant USA on Facebook and Twitter!
close-image
%d bloggers like this: